It’s nearly Summer and time to switch up your look. Today’s tutorial features a half up style with a mohawk dutch braid, uniquely wrapped into a fishtail braid. It’s great for everyday and has a more casual, boho vibe to it. I think you’re really going to love it and can adapt the braids to fit your own style whether you prefer a regular braid, french braid or fishtail braid. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Dutch Fishtail Half Updo Supplies:
Dutch Fishtail Half Updo Instructions:
To prep for this hairstyle I curled my hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron and clipped in 3 wefts of hair extensions, two 2-clip wefts and one 3-clip weft.
- Step 1 / Separate out any hair you’d like left down to frame your face then brush the hair straight back from the forehead.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small slice of head at the forehead and divide it into three smaller sections.
- Step 3 / Begin a dutch braid crossing the side strands under the middle.
- Step 4 / Continue the braid along the top of the head bringing in small sections of hair until it reaches the crown.
- Step 5 / Stop adding in hair and continue braiding the section tying off the bottom with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Pick up two sections of hair on the left and right side of the head.
- Step 7 / Bring the two sections up to the braid criss-crossing them over the top.
- Step 8 / Wrap each section once around the braid then tie the tails together underneath with another elastic band.
- Step 9 / Now remove the elastic from the end of the braid and re-braid it into a fishtail braid securing the end with an elastic.
- Step 10 / Set the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.