Lately, I have been completely obsessed with bohemian or boho hairstyles. I wanted to feature a ponytail version and this one features three lace braids and three micro braids. Bohemian styles have always been some of my favorites because they appear so casual yet chic. For this tutorial I left the tails of the braids in to achieve more of a effortless feel. While this hairstyle may look tricky, I know you can get it down with a little practice and I know people will be asking how you did it!
Triple Lace Braid Ponytail Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- 1″ Curling iron
- 2 Hair sectioning clip
- Rattail comb
- optional: 6 Clear elastic band
- 1 Hair band
- 1-2 Bobby pins
- Firm-hold hairspray
Triple Lace Braid Ponytail Instructions:
Prep: Curl the hair with a 1″ curling iron, alternating the curls towards and away from the face. Add an argan oil to the ends to help control flyaways.
- Step 1 / Begin by parting the hair on the right side and then brush through it to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Next divide off a section from the part down to the right ear, clipping off the forward portion.
- Step 3 / Now divide off a similar sized section on the left side.
- Step 4 / Tie the back section off into a ponytail to keep it out of the way.
- Step 5 / With the section on the left side, divide it into three equal vertical sections.
- Step 6 / Wrap the forward two sections over the right side of the head and clip them out of the way.
- Step 7 / With the remaining section, smooth down any flyaways with some braid paste to ensure the braid at the end is smooth.
- Step 8 / Now braid this section into a lace braid, brining in hair on the left side or forward side of the braid.
- Step 9 / Braid the section to the bottom and either tie off the end or gently backcomb it so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 10 / Let down the section near the hairline and split it into two sections, clipping the forward-most section out of the way again.
- Step 11 / Create a second lace braid with the new section.
- Step 12 / Let down the third section, nearest the hairline and create a third lace braid.
- Step 13 / Now let down the hair on the right side and create three micro braids.
- Step 14 / Let down the back section and bring all the hair into a ponytail, adding in the braids at the end so they don’t get buried underneath any other hair.
- Step 15 / Tie off the ponytail with a hairband and then wrap a small section of hair around it to hide it, securing the section with a bobby pin.
- Step 16 / Spray the style with a medium-hold hairspray to set everything.