Mohawks will forever be some of my favorites. They are a great heatless option, which I am all about during the summer months, and can be done a number of different ways. This style is as easy as tying your shoes, literally, and stays in nice and tight all day long; a double yes in my book! Wear it casually for school and running errands or dress it up for a girl’s night out! It easily makes everything more fun!
Knotted Mohawk Supplies:
- Paddle brush
- 1 Hair sectioning clip
- 4 Clear elastic band
- 1 Hair band
- 10-12 Bobby pins
- Firm-hold hairspray
Knotted Mohawk Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Divide off a section of hair at the forehead, twist it together and pin it against the head to create a pompadour.
- Step 3 / Divide off a section of hair at the temples, up to the crown, and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 4 / Now divide off a second section from the top of the heads to the back of the head, tying it off with another elastic band.
- Step 5 / Divide the remaining section of hair into two more sections, tying them with elastic bands.
- Step 6 / Take the first ponytail and divide it into two sections.
- Step 7 / Tie the two sections into a knot by crossing the left side over the right and bringing the tail on the right up through the gap before pulling it tight against the head.
- Step 8 / Now create a second knot and pin it against the head with bobby pins.
- Step 9 / With the two tails sticking out from the knot, split the next ponytail into two sections and create two new sections.
- Step 10 / Tie two more knots, pinning them against the head with more bobby pins.
- Step 11 / Split the next ponytail into two more sections, adding in the tails from the previous knot, and tie two more knots, pinning them in place.
- Step 12 / Tie the last ponytail into two more knots, securing it in place.
- Step 13 / Bring the tails from the last knot up the sides of the mohawk, securing the sides with bobby pins.
- Step 14 / Lay the ends over the mohawk before pinning them down with more bobby pins.
- Step 15 / Spray the mohawk with a firm-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.