Great new! The hottest braid right now isn’t even a braid at all! It doesn’t get much easier than that! This pull-through braid is so easy because it’s really just a bunch of ponytails wrapped around the next and tied together. It looks like a braid but is a thousand times easier to do. It may seem complicated at first but once you remember the first one is split with the second brought through the middle then you’ll have this technique down in a snap so let’s get to it!
Half Up Pull Through Braid Instructions:
Prep: Brush through the hair to remove any tangles. Next curl the hair in small sections with a 1″ curling iron, alternating the curls away and towards the face. Then part the hair on the right side.
- Step 1 / Divide off a triangle shaped section of hair on the left side of the part and tie it with an elastic band. This will be called the “first elastic band.”
- Step 2 / Pick up a similar sized section directly behind the first and tie it off with another elastic. This will be called the “second elastic band.”
- Step 3 / Take the section in the first elastic band and split it in half.
- Step 4 / Pick up the second section in the second elastic band and lay it in the middle of the split of the first elastic band. Then clip it out of the way.
- Step 5 / Pick up the two split sections from the first elastic band and combine them together again so they are wrapped around the second elastic band section laid in the middle.
- Step 6 / Pick up a new section of hair and add it to the two pieces from the first elastic band. Tie these three pieces together with an elastic band. This will be “third elastic band.”
- Step 7 / Let down the second elastic band section.
- Step 8 / Split this second elastic band section in half creating two smaller pieces.
- Step 9 / Bring the third elastic band section through the middle, clipping it out of the way.
- Step 10 / Combine the two pieces from the second elastic band and add in a new section of hair, tying them all together to create a fourth elastic band.
- Step 11 / Repeat steps 7-10 continuing to create sections of the braid until reaching the right side of the head.
- Step 12 / Starting on the right side, gently pull on the sides of the braid to make it fuller.
- Step 13 / Continue pulling on each section ensuring they are similar in size.
- Step 14 / Spray the style with a firm-hold hairspray to set it.