This half up hair bow style is perfect for the upcoming holidays and you won’t believe how easy it is to recreate. I have always shied away from this hairstyle because it seemed too difficult to do. When I finally made up my mind to try it out, I couldn’t believe how wrong I had been. You will love this tutorial because not only is it quick and easy, it is cute and feminine too! A perfect way to accessorize your hair without needing any actual accessories! Give it a try and leave a comment below letting me know what you think!
Half Up Hair Bow supplies:
Half Up Hair Bow instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles before parting it where you normally part it. I have mine on the right side though you could recreate this style without a part if preferred.
- Step 2 / Section off a portion of hair at the top of the ears, directing it towards the back of the head and tie off this top section with a clear elastic band.
- Step 3 / Divide the tied off section into two equal halves.
- Step 4 / Pick up the section on the right and create the right side of the bow, a half loop, so the ends are directed back towards the elastic band but hanging downwards again.
- Step 5 / Pin the top, bottom, and sides of the half loop with bobby, hiding them underneath the loop.
- Step 6 / Pick up the left side and create a second half loop, securing it with bobby pins as well.
- Step 7 / Pick up a small section of hair from the strands hang down underneath the bow.
- Step 8 / Bring the hair up the center of the bow and tuck them back down, through the gap created by one side of the bow.
- Step 9 / Pin the section at the top and at the bottom to ensure it stays secured.
- Step 10 / Add some curl to the ends of the hair and set the style with a medium hold hairspray