This braid embellished half undo would look perfect at your next holiday part. It is quick and easy to do and would look great with curly or straight hair. I love using a 1” curling iron to create a tighter curl that feels a little fancier than your everyday waves. If I’m lucky, I can usually get them to last into the next day too! Try out this style and let me know in the comments below how you plan to wear your hair for the next holiday event.
Braid Embellished Half Updo Supplies:
Braid Embellished Half Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Divide off a section of hair at the crown.
- Step 2 / Twist the section together, laying it against the head to create a bit of volume.
- Step 3 / Pin down the twist with bobby pins to hold it in place.
- Step 4 / Pick up a 3” wide section of hair directly underneath the pinned section, on the left side of the head.
- Step 5 / Braid the section to the bottom in a three-strand braid by crossing the side strands underneath the middle one.
- Step 6 / Gently back comb the end of the braid to keep it from unraveling.
- Step 7 / Repeat the previous steps creating a similar braid not he right side.
- Step 8 / Wrap the braids, one over the other, around the back of the head, placing them underneath the section pinned at the start.
- Step 9 / Slide bobby pins into the ends of the braid and along the edges where needed.
- Step 10 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid to make it more full.
- Step 11 / Curl the hair with a 1” curling iron from the chin downwards.
- Step 12 / Spray the hair with a medium-hold hairspray to set the style.