A pretty updo that is easy to recreate is always a necessity in your beauty repertoire. This wrapped bun updo is simpler than it looks and even easier to recreate. It feels… glam enough for an awards ceremony but could be paired with slim denim and heels for a dinner out with your favorite. I love it because it’s both sleek and simple, yet can be recreated with a middle, side or no part at all and still look great on nearly anyone!
Be sure to check out these other cute updos that are also easy to recreate!
Wrapped Bun Updo Supplies:
Wrapped Bun Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles and part the hair where you normally part it. Next, separate off a section of hair at the crown, from the temples to the back of the head.
- Step 2 / Twist the section together, towards the right, and secure it against the head with several bobby pins.
- Step 3 / Pick up a 1″ section of hair above the right ear and wrap it underneath the previously pinned section.
- Step 4 / Secure the section with 2-3 bobby pins, on the left side, sliding the pins into the hair horizontally.
- Step 5 / Pick up a similar sized section on the left side, crossing it underneath the previous section.
- Step 6 / Secure the section with bobby pins, sliding them underneath the section, horizontally.
- Step 7 / Twist the remaining hair together, downwards, towards the nape of the neck.
- Step 8 / Wrap the twist upwards and over to the right side, creating a half donut shape.
- Step 9 / Slide bobby pins around the bun to secure it in place, leaving out the end section.
- Step 10 / Continue twisting the ends and lay it across the center of the bun, towards the left side.
- Step 11 / Secure the twist on the left side of the bun with several more bobby pins.
- Step 12 / Make sure the ends are still twisted together before wrapping it once more over the bun, towards the right side, above the previous cross-over.
- Step 13 / Secure the end of the twist, tucking any loose ends into the base of the bun.
- Step 14 / Spray the style with a firm-hold hairspray and smooth down any hairs that got loose during all that twisting.