This hairstyle is so easy to replicate I think you will love trying it out for your next party. With the holidays coming up, I have already got my thinking cap on for some great party hairstyles. This one features three braids that are quick and easy and look great with some pretty curls. Add your favorite hair clip and a festive sweater to top off the look!
Love a pretty half updo hairstyle? Be sure to check out these other great tutorials too!
Half Up Double Braids Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 3 Clear elastic bands
- 5-6 bobby pins
- Hair clip or barrette
- Medium-hold Hairspray
- optional: 1″ Curling Iron
Half Up Double Braids Instructions:
- Step 1 / Brush through the hair to remove any tangles and create a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Separate off a 1″ section of hair on the left side of the part and clip it out of the way.
- Step 3 / Pick up a 2″ section of hair behind the section created in the previous step.
- Step 4 / Begin a braid by crossing the side pieces over the middle section.
- Step 5 / Create one stitch of a french braid by crossing the side strands over the middle and incorporating small sections into the braid.
- Step 6 / Braid the rest of this section into a regular braid.
- Step 7 / Gently pull on the edges of the braid to make it as wide and flat as possible then tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 8 / Pick up a 2″ section of hair underneath the previous braid and braid the entire section into a regular braid.
- Step 9 / Pull on the edges again to make the braid twice as big; finish by tying off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 10 / Bring the two braids around to the back of the head, pin them in place with bobby pins, then remove the individual elastic band.
- Step 11 / Pick up a new 1-2″ section of hair on the right side of the head.
- Step 12 / Braid this section, loosen the sides, and tie it off with an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Bring this braid around to the back of the head to meet with the other two braids.
- Step 14 / Pin it in place as well with bobby pins then clip a pretty barrette over the center.
- Step 15 / Add some curls to the ends of the hair then spritz the style with a medium-hold hairspray to set it.