This bohemian style half updo is a great way to wear your hair this Fall. Braids never go out of style and a bohemian vibe is always so fresh. Make this look more casual by pulling the edges of the braid to make it more voluminous or sleek with straightened hair and smoothed braids. I love featuring step-by-step tutorials to change things up a bit so I hope you enjoy it!
3 more half up hairstyles I’m sure you’ll love!
Half Up Braids and Fishtail Supplies:
Half Up Braids and Fishtail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Create a center part and brush through the rest of the hair to remove any tangles. Separate off a 2″ section of hair on the left side of the part and braid it to the bottom.
- Step 2 / Gently pull on the edges of the braid making it wider and more full. Tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 3 / Create a second braid on the right side of the head, pulling on the edges to make it larger.
- Step 4 / Tie off the end of the braid with a second elastic band.
- Step 5 / Bring both braids around to the back of the head and tie them together with a third elastic band.
- Step 6 / Remove the elastic bands from the individual braids and brush through the braids. Take a small section of hair from underneath the band holding the two braids together and wrap it around the band securing it with a bobby pin.
- Step 7 / Pick up a small section of hair underneath the braids, at the back of the head. Braid it into a fishtail braid, securing the end with an elastic band.
- Step 8 / Loosen the sides of the braid by pulling on the edges to make it wider and more full. Spray the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways. Add some curls to the ends of the hair with a 1″ curling iron.