A little bit of Brigitte Bardot, a little bit of bohemian, this Dutch braid embellished half updo is great for everyday or that next special event. Try it with straight hair or wavy, a little less volume or a little more; whatever suits your fancy this hairstyle is easy to do and a great way to change up your look for Fall. Pair it with your favorite new plaid top, ankle booties, and blanket scarf for keeping warm during the chilly evenings.
Try these other great half updo hairstyles for your next special event!
Dutch Braid Embellished Half Updo Supplies:
- Paddle Brush
- 2 Clear elastic bands
- 4-5 Bobby pins
- Finishing Comb
- Medium-hold Hairspray
- optional: 1″ Pro Beauty Curling Iron
Dutch Braid Embellished Half Updo Instructions:
- Step 1 / Separate off a small section of hair from the part down to the left ear; clip off the back section to keep it out of the way.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section of hair near the part and divide it into three strands.
- Step 3 / Create a dutch braid, crossing the side strands under the middle.
- Step 4 / Begin incorporating hair into the braid making sure to leave out hair along the hairline which will be added in at the end.
- Step 5 / Braid the section until an inch above the ear, then braid the rest of the section in a regular braid, tying off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 6 / Repeat the previous steps on the right side creating a second dutch braid.
- Step 7 / Separate off a small section of hair at the back of the crown.
- Step 8 / Twist the section together, towards the right side, and gently push it upwards to create volume at the top of the head.
- Step 9 / Slide bobby pins into the twist, horizontally, to secure this section of hair in place.
- Step 10 / Take the dutch braid on the right side and lay it over the twist, pinning it in place, before removing the elastic band from the end of the braid.
- Step 11 / Now lay the dutch braid from the left side underneath the previous braid, pinning it in place as well.
- Step 12 / Take the hair along the hairline, on the right side, and lay it underneath the braids, pinning down the section at the edge of the braids, on the left side.
- Step 13 / With the remaining section of hair on the left side, lay it under the braids, securing it in place as well.
- Step 14 / Spray the style with a medium hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.
- Step 15 / Optional: Add some curl to the ends of the hair with your favorite Pro Beauty curling iron.