The Criss-cross Looped Braid looks similar to the Looped Half Up Crown Braid but is created differently with each loop crossing over the next instead of underneath. This method creates a criss-cross pattern that makes the braid look a little more intricate. This hairstyle takes a bit of practice and a lot of patience. I repeatedly combed through my strands to reduce the flyaways and think this may even work easier on wet hair! Let me know if you try it and what you think of this style in the comments below!
Here are some other great Half Updo hairstyles to try!
Criss-cross Looped Braid Supplies:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, separate off a section of hair from the part to the left ear, and tie off the back section.
- Step 2 / Pick up a small section near the part and divide it section into three equal pieces. Begin a braid by crossing the side strands over the middle.
- Step 3 / Cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a piece of hair to create the waterfall braid portion.
- Step 4 / With the bottom strand, carefully split it into two equal strand then cross one of the halves over the middle strand.
- Step 5 / Cross the back strand over the middle and bring in hair per usual.
- Step 6 / Split the bottom strand again, crossing over half of the strand, and leaving down the other half.
- Step 7 / Pick up the first hanging strand and incorporate it into the braid as well; creating the first loop.
- Step 8 / Cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair.
- Step 9 / Split the bottom strand and cross over one of the halves. Then reach through the loop and pull the next hanging strand through the middle so it lays over the top. Now, incorporate into the braid to create the second loop.
- Step 10 / Repeat these steps, creating loops and pulling the hanging strands through the middle until you’ve created as many loops as you prefer.
- Step 11 / Once all the loops are done, bring in the last hanging strand and braid the rest of the section into a regular braid, tying off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 12 / Pick up a section of hair at the back of the crown and clip it out of the way.
- Step 13 / Bring the braid around the head and tie it to a small section of hair underneath the clipped off portion.
- Step 14 / Let down the clipped section and it should lay over the end of the braid, hiding where it was tied.
- Step 15 / Add some curls to the ends of the hair if desired and set the finished style with hairspray.