Changing up a traditional braid can easily add a fun twist to it. This hairstyle features a few fishtail and rope braids to make it look a little more intricate and different than your typical braid. It is similar to the Braid Embellished Bohemian Fishtail but can easily be changed up to fit your own personal style whether you switch the braids for twists or the fishtail with a regular braid. It’s easier to do than it looks and the best part is you won’t need a single bobby pin!
Be sure to check out these other great styles too!
Bohemian Fishtail French Braid Supplies:
Bohemian Fishtail French Braid Instructions:
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, pick up a 3″ section of hair in a triangle shape on the left side of the part and clip off the back portion. Divide the section into two pieces and create a fishtail french braid until all the hair is brought in. Then braid the rest of the section in a fishtail braid, tying off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 2 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and tie it together with a small section of hair on the right side. This will anchor the braid against the head without the need for any bobby pins.
- Step 3 / Pick up a 1″ section of hair on the right side of the head, near the hairline, and braid it down into a second fishtail braid.
- Step 4 / Wrap the braid around the back of the head and secure it against the head by tying it together with a small section of hair on the left side.
- Step 5 / Pick up a small section on the left side, underneath the first, and repeat step 2 braiding the hair down to the end.
- Step 6 / Cross the section behind the head and tie it together with a section of hair on the right side.
- Step 7 / Repeat steps 5 and 6 with another section of hair on the right side, braiding it, wrapping it and tying it off.
- Step 8 / Pick up a new section of hair on the right side, creating a rope braid and tying it around the back of the head, underneath the previous braids.
- Step 9 / Create a second rope braid on the left side, tying it off like the previous braids.
- Step 10 / Divide the remaining hair that is hanging down into two sections and braid each section into a fishtail french braid.
- Step 11 / Wrap a small piece of hair around the end of the braid and tie it together with an elastic band.
- Step 12 / Spray the style with medium-hold hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.