With the Summer heat, an old fashioned ponytail is always a great go-to. Dress it up with a cute braided flower that takes only a few seconds more and make it prettier than your average pony. This french braid embellished flower ponytail is so feminine it would be a great addition to your beauty rotation. It can be dressed up or down for any occasion and will leave you feeling fancy no matter what.
French Braid Flower Ponytail supplies:
- 2 clear elastic bands
- 4-5 bobby pins
- Medium-hold hairspray
French Braid Flower Ponytail Instructions:
- Step 1 / Begin by brushing through the hair to remove any tangles.
- Step 2 / Pick up a section of hair at the back of the crown.
- Step 3 / Separate off two smaller sections to the left and right of this central section.
- Step 4 / Begin a french braid by cross the side strands over the middle.
- Step 5 / Continue braiding the hair, incorporating hair into the braid from both sides.
- Step 6 / Once the braid reaches the ears, bring the side pieces over the center piece, combining them together.
- Step 7 / Pick up 2″ sections behind each ear and combine them with the central piece.
- Step 8 / Tie this section together with a clear elastic band.
- Step 9 / Braid the section into a regular braid and tie off the end with a second elastic band.
- Step 10 / Roll the braid upwards, creating a spiral, and place it over the first elastic band to hid it.
- Step 11 / Slide bobby pins into the flower to secure it in place. Make sure they stay hidden underneath the hair.
- Step 12 / Spray the style with hairspray and curl the ends of the hair if so desired.