This hairstyle is the perfect way to dress up your old bun. It is really simple to do and only takes a few minutes to achieve. It works especially well on day old hair when your hair has a bit of natural oil in it. This is a great style for getting your hair up and off your neck during those really scorching days this summer and can be dressed down for a running errands or a day at the pool; or it can be dressed up for a night out with that special date or with friends.
Topsy Tail Updo
- Step 1 / Separate off two 1″ sections of hair on each side of the hair on the temples.
- Step 2 / Twist each section upwards and tie them together at the back of the head with a clear elastic band.
- Step 3 / Pick up two more similar sized sections underneath the first and repeat the previous steps, twisting them and tying them together.
- Step 4 / Tighten the twists so they are close together and carefully pull the hair loose from the elastics to create fuller twists.
- Step 5 / Create a third twisted section underneath the first two, repeating the previous steps.
- Step 6 / Now create a fourth and final twist, ensuring they all sit next to the previous one so there aren’t any gaps in between.
- Step 7 / Tie the remaining hair into a low ponytail and wrap the elastic band with a small section of hair.
- Step 8 / Twist the remaining hair all together.
- Step 9 / Wrap the twist into a bun and secure it in place with bobby pins.
- Step 10 / Mist the style with a medium hold hairspray and you’re done!