Ipsy Glam bag and Birchbox are a monthly beauty subscription that sends mini and full-size samples of products right to your front door. I love receiving them every month and always look forward to seeing what will be in each one. Today I decided to wait and open them together to see which beauty box would be my favorite. Here is what I received in each one.
- Stila Look at Me Lipstick, Bella, $20 – This is a creamy, matte formula that glides on like with the staying power of a stain. I love receiving lip products and this bold pink color is right up my alley. Everything matte is always my favorite so this products was definitely a bonus.
- Benefit They’re Real, Push-up Liner, $24 – Quick drying, matte finish that is smudgeproof, waterproof, and unbudgeable. This was definitely difficult to remove but it was also difficult to apply. It requires squeezing the bottle until the product pops out the top; because it kind of oozed out it was hard to apply a clean cut line.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid, $39 – A primer that binds skin cells, sealing in moisture. This liquid is recommended before the cream version. Luckily I have the cream so I was really excited to receive the liquid too. This has a semi-medical smell but I am excited to use it up.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, $42 – Part dry shampoo, part texturizing spray, this product soaks up oil, adds texture, while adding a bit of hold. I own this product in the full size so when I received the small sample I wasn’t too excited about it. I am also not a huge fan of the product itself so this was kind of a bummer to receive.
- Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel, $48 – A protein peel that gently exfoliates delicate skin without being abrasive. This came with two samples, each with enough product for one use. I didn’t really see a difference after both uses so it’s hard to say how beneficial this product was. After the two applications, I wasn’t too keen on the product and most likely will not purchase a full-size.
To receive your own beauty box, visit Birchbox.com to sign up for only $10 a month!
- Jersey Shore Cosmetics, Mongongo Vanilla Coconut Cream Lip Conditioner – A lip treatment that leaves lips silky-smooth, luscious and hydrated. This is your typical everyday lip balm. I didn’t find anything extraordinary about it but it does what it says. I do love that it came in the full-size so I will definitely use this product up.
- Teeez Cosmetics, Read My Lips Lipstick – Highly pigmented coverage with a unique satin, matte finish. It’s definitely creamy and smooth and I like the color which is on the coral/peach side. I would recommend using a liner with this shade which is great for Summer.
- City Color Cosmetics, HD Powder – An HD powder to set your foundation for a smooth, matte finish. I love me some HD Powder, especially when it’s translucent. This powder is so fine that it feels silky smooth between the fingers. This was a great product to add my beauty kit.
- OFRA Cosmetics, Bliss Eyeshadow – Shimmery powder that can be used as an eyeshadow or highlighting powder. This shade is gorgeous and is a beautiful “natural” shade. I love it 100%.
- Eva NYC, Freshen Up Dry Shampoo – Revives lifeless hair by removing excess oil and adding instant volume. Dry shampoo is always a must for me because I love to go as long as I can between washes. This small sample size is perfect for taking on trips and I actually took it with me over the weekend for my girls getaway.
Between the two beauty boxes this month, I would say Ipsy takes the cake. I loved 4 out of the 5 products versus only 2 out of 5 from Birchbox. If you would like to receive your own beauty boxes, right to your front door, be sure to sign up today!