I can never get enough of combination hairstyles but this lovely ‘do is way easier than you might think. It’s created by braiding two separate inverted fishtail headband braids and then stretched out so the space between them is hidden. With the braids starting at the part and trailing across the forehead, it creates a gorgeous headband style. I love this braid for the Spring and think it would be absolutely perfect for an outdoor picnic or lunch with friends. Dress it up with a gorgeous clip and you are ready to go!
Check out the last time I wore this hairstyle on instagram!
Double Fishtail Headband Braids:
- Step 1 / Begin with a part on the right side.
- Step 2 / Next, separate out a section of hair from the part down to the left ear.
- Step 3 / Clip off the back portion with an alligator clip.
- Step 4 / Divide the new section into two sections and clip off the back portion.
- Step 5 / Next, pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into two halves.
- Step 6 / Take a small piece from the back section, cross it under the strand, and add it into the other half.
- Step 7 / Then, take a small piece from the front section, crossing it under the strand and adding it into the other section.
- Step 8 / Now cross a small piece underneath from the back section but also bring in a section of hair and cross it under as well, adding it into the opposite side.
- Step 9 / Then cross a strand from the front portion underneath and to the other side and pick up section of hair, crossing it under as well.
- Step 10 / Continue braiding, repeating steps 7 and 8 until all the hair is brought in.
- Step 11 / Now finish braiding the hair down into a regular fishtail braid.
- Step 12 / Gently loosen the braid by pulling on the edges; this creates a fuller more voluminous braid.
- Step 13 / Tie off the end with a clear elastic band.
- Step 14 / Create a second fishtail braid right behind the first.
- Step 15 / Let down the back portion that was clipped away.
- Step 16 / Wrap the braids around the back of the head.
- Step 17 / Grab some hair pins and secure them in place.
- Step 18 / Lay some hair over the top to hide the pins.