You will never believe how easy this hairstyle is to do. I thought it looked so tricky at first but once you get the hang of it, it’s a piece of cake. To create this style, all you do is wrap a smaller section around the hair to make a sideways infinity symbol; while adding in hair as you go will so you can wrap the hair farther down. I left mine wrapped up near the top so it looked as though the wrapped pieces were what was holding the ponytail together. Give it a try and see what you think! A great hairstyle for Spring and #7 in the series!
Infinity Wrapped Side Braid
- Step 1 / Spray the roots with a little dry shampoo to add some volume to the style.
- Step 2 / Sweep all the hair over the left shoulder.
- Step 3 / Separate off a small section from underneath to use as the wrapping piece.
- Step 4 / Divide the remaining hair into two halves.
- Step 5 / Take the small section of hair and wrap it underneath the first half.
- Step 6 / Now wrap it over the top the second half.
- Step 7 / Then circle the piece so it wraps around and underneath the second half.
- Step 8 / Continue wrapping the piece so it goes over the first half, around and underneath it and back to the middle. The strand should have made an infinity symbol around the two strands.
- Step 9 / Repeat these steps, wrapping the strand over the two halves creating multiple infinity symbols around the ponytail.
- Step 10 / When the section gets to the end, pick up another section of hair, adding it in and continue wrapping the hair.
- Step 11 / Once the ponytail is wrapped as far down as you like it, then tie off the end with an elastic band. Make sure the band goes over the end of the wrapped piece so it doesn’t unravel.
- Step 12 / Pull the ponytail in opposite directions to tighten and raise the elastic band up higher. This will push the wrapped infinities closer together so there isn’t space in between them.
- Step 13 / Spray the style with hairspray and smooth down any flyaways.