A great blowout makes you look polished and put together. Many people run to a salon to achieve the look, but it is absolutely possible to do it yourself. Once you learn how to do it the right way, a great blow dry can last for days! Just follow these easy steps to pull off the look at home.
The Perfect Blowout for Everyday
- Step 1 / Comb through the hair with a wide-tooth comb. This is gentler on wet hair and causes less breakage.
- Step 2 / Next, spray the hair with a heat protectant spray; I am using CHI Iron Guard Spray.
- Step 3 / Place a straight nozzle on the end of your blow dryer so the heat is directed and you ca control better where it blows.
- Step 4 / Part the hair where you naturally part it and slightly dry it with the blow dryer.
- Step 5 / Flip the head over and dry the hair underneath. This will create a little bit of volume and help speed up the entire blow dry.
- Step 6 / Divide the hair into sections, starting right above the ears and clipping off the top portion.
- Step 7 / Using a 3″ round brush, take the hair in sections, with the brush underneath the strands, and pull the brush to the ends while following it down with the blow dryer.
- Step 8 / When the brush gets close to the bottom, carefully spin it to give a slight curl to the ends.
- Step 9 / Continue drying the hair, bringing down sections and repeating steps 7 and 8.
- Tip: Placing the brush right at the root will help give the hair more lift and create volume.
- Step 10 / When drying the very top section, at the crown, blow dry horizontal sections of hair placing the brush behind the strands and drying the sections upwards.
- Step 11 / Use a smoothing serum to smooth down the ends for a more sleek style.