Side French braids, or front french braids as I like to call them, are gorgeous braids that look great on nearly everyone. To really jazz up the style, create a cascading waterfall side braid using the looped half up crown braid technique and you have got a whole new hairstyle that looks super complicated but is actually really easy once you get the hang of it.
This hairstyle would go perfectly with a casual outfit for a day running around or an evening out. Side braids are so convenient because it keeps the hair out of the way but still up in a gorgeous style. I hope you give this hairdo a try and wear it out to your next holiday party!
Cascading Waterfall Side Braid
- Step 1 / With a part on the right side, pick up a section of hair on the heavy side of the part and divide it into three sections.
- Step 2 / Cross the back strand over the middle then cross the front strand over the middle.
- Step 3 / Next, cross the back strand over the middle and bring in a section of hair incorporating it into the strand.
- Step 4 / Then, repeat step 3 with the front strand.
- Step 5 / Repeat step 3 once more with the back strand.
- Step 6 / Then, split the front strand into two equal halves crossing one half over the middle strand.
- Step 7 / Drop down the other half and pick up a new section of hair incorporating it into the crossed over piece.
- Step 8 / Repeat steps 5 through 7 until there are four waterfall strands hanging down.
- Step 9 / Now, continue the same steps, splitting the strand, crossing over half, picking up a new section of hair, but then bring in the first waterfall strand and incorporate it into the braid.
- Step 10 / Continue braiding, until it reaches to about the shoulder.
- Step 11 / Now stop splitting the front strand but continue bringing a waterfall strand each time until all the hair is brought into the braid.
- Step 12 / Braid the rest of the hair down into a regular braid and tie off the end with an elastic band.
- Step 13 / Gently loosen the sides of the braid to show the details better and create a more voluminous braid.