Deep Lipstick for Summer was inspired by the Essie nail polish, Bahama Mama. I was browsing through the store one day for some necessities when I meandered over to the polish section to see which new shades were available.
I absolutely love Essie polish and am slowly building a collection of colors for each season. When I saw the deep purple shade of Bahama Mama I knew it would be the perfect color for Fall.
I’ve mentioned before how much I love Fall and even though I am already thinking about thick cozy sweaters and warm pumpkin bread I didn’t want to wait to wear it.
As soon as I got home, I painted my toes with the gorgeous color and pretty soon it was the perfect inspiration for wearing rich plum shades and deep purples during the summer months. I created this fun tutorial, based around that, to show you how I wear the color while keeping the rest of my makeup light.
- Essie Nail Polish in Bahama Mama
- Jane Iredale Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer in Light
- Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder in Warm Silk
- BareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush
- BareMinerals Well-Rested
- EcoTools Large Eye Brush
- NARS Laguna Bronzer
- Makeup Geek Angled Contour Brush
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette: Limit and Nooner
- Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush
- E.L.F. Eyeshadow Brush
- Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
- Clinique High Impact Mascara
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Length Mascara
- Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde
- Benefit Speed Brow
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade
- Real Techniques Multi-Task Brush
- BareMinerals Blush in The Love Letter
- BareMinerals Flawless Face Brush
- Milani Color Statement Lip Liner in Fuchsia
- Revlon ColorStay Lipstick in Plum Velour
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray