Brigitte Bardot Half Updo is possibly my new favorite hairstyle.
I kept hearing people say how much they admired Brigitte Bardot’s style and it wasn’t until I actually sat down and googled her name that I realized who she was. I had seen her picture before and knew the name but never put two and two together. As I browsed through the information and saw her iconic hairstyles and beehive updos I was smitten. I knew I had to recreate the look and try it out for myself.
This style is very girly and feminine and adding a tiny little bow really finishes off the whole look. Back combing the top portion is the key and loosening up the strands after the elastic really sets the style.
Follow these quick steps to achieve the look:
- Separate the hair on the crown of the head and gently back comb to create some volume.
- From the tops of the ears, gently pull the hair to the center of the head.
- Tie off the hair with a clear elastic band. *Tip: gently loosen the top pieces by pulling them up from the elastic to create a softer effect.
- Grab a 1″ curling iron and curl your strands away from the face.
- Using your favorite ribbon, tie a little bow around the clear elastic band.
- Finish with hairspray, smoothing down any flyaways; voila!
For more French inspiration, browse these other posts:
- brigitte bardot beehive updo
- style your hair like a French woman
- apply makeup like a French woman
- how to dress like a French woman
- how to layer like a French woman
- secrets of French women