Tuck and Cover Great Gatsby style

Tuck and Cover Gatsby Style | MissySue.comTuck and Cover Gatsby Style | MissySue.com

Tuck and Cover Gatsby Style | MissySue.com Tuck and Cover Gatsby Style | MissySue.comThe Tuck and Cover (video tutorial) now has a new version, the Tuck and Cover Great Gatsby style! This is such a fun hairstyle and easy to do! If you love this look be sure and check out the Tuck and Cover Half too!

Over the weekend I was out shopping and spotted a girl in Forever21 sporting the hairstyle. It always looks so darn cute and I love seeing it in so many different places. While I was there I spotted this adorable headband and couldn’t help but purchase it for a new hairstyle post. As I was playing around with the headband in my bathroom I started randomly tucking my hair into it and before I knew it this hairstyle was created!

This look is super easy to do and all you need is a really fun headband.

Follow these quick steps to achieve the style:

1 / Place the headband over the head, lining the front up with your hairline.

2 / Grab the hair directly in front of your right ear and wrap it around the band so the ends hang back down again.

3 / Combine this with the hair directly next to it and wrap it around the band again as in step 2.

4 / Now, take the next section of hair, bringing it up towards the band but instead of tucking it in simply hold it over the band.

5 / Then, take the remaining hair and push it all up towards the band forming a clump or ball shape.

6 / Push the hair down so it tucks into the band but the ends remain sticking out.

7 / Pull down a few pieces on the side so it has a more asymmetrical feel and covers the left ear.

8 / Gently pull the hair on top to loosen it slightly.

Done! Now you can wear the Tuck and Cover Great Gatsby style with that 1920’s flair!
—————————————

If you are new to MissySue, you will love the other versions of this hairstyle.

Original Tuck and Cover

Tuck and Cover Video Tutorial

Tuck and Cover Half

Tuck and Cover Great Gatsby Style

Tuck and Cover French Braid

Tuck and Cover French Braid Video Tutorial

1. Lizzet
    April 13, 2014 / 2:50 PM

So cute , I like this version

• December 14, 2014 / 8:24 PM

I love your blog!!! all of your hairstyles are stunning! where do you find all your cute hair accessories?

2. Lizzet
    April 13, 2014 / 2:49 PM

Soo cute , love this version

• March 30, 2014 / 6:58 PM

Thank you, Rachel! <3

3. March 28, 2014 / 8:59 PM

I love love this hairstyle! It’s so classy and stunning. Thanks for the tutorial, hopefully it’s as easy as it looks :)

4. March 26, 2014 / 5:22 PM

This looks is so elegant and classy. Love it!

5. Veronica
    March 25, 2014 / 1:43 PM

Love this! What a great look and feels simple enough to do yet the end affect looks so complicated. Will definitely be trying this one!

• melissa
      March 25, 2014 / 3:17 PM

Thanks, Veronica! It’s really simple ((: Wonderful!

6. March 25, 2014 / 11:27 AM

This is so brilliantly beautiful:) I love the hairdo and I can’t wait to try it. Ah, swoon! xoxo

• melissa
      March 25, 2014 / 3:16 PM

Thanks, Diana! I really appreciate it, especially coming from you!! <3 <3

7. Porcelina
    March 25, 2014 / 8:07 AM

I really NEED to try this, it looks sensational! I haven’t tried the other version yet. Thanks for sharing! P x

• melissa
      March 25, 2014 / 3:15 PM

Thanks, Porcelina! Yes, you definitely should (;

• May 4, 2014 / 7:03 AM

Dear Melissa,
        I just wanted to say thank you for putting up this tutorial – it was my birthday party last night, and I had a special flapper style dress to wear. I knew that I needed an appropriate hairstyle, but in the past I’ve found getting faux short hair for vintage looks to be time consuming. I tried out your tutorial, and found this gave me the look I was after in no time at all! I received so many compliments on my hair, I think this will now be my go-to look for when I’m doing a 1920’s vibe!
        Many thanks again,
        Porcelina x

P.S. If you would like to see a picture of my efforts, I have done a blog post of my flapper look here:

• May 5, 2014 / 11:16 AM

I loved your post; you looked fabulous! I bet your party was an absolutely blast! I’m glad you love the style and Happy Birthday! <3

8. March 25, 2014 / 7:02 AM

This is great for a themed party or evening out! I love your highlights too, Melissa! (Did you do them yourself?) PS-I’m working on actually getting my braid to look nice enough to send a pic ; )