Nightly Skin Care Routine

skin care 5

When I was younger, washing my face every night was such a chore that I often fell into bed with my makeup still on. Gasp! I didn’t wear much back then and convinced myself most of it had rubbed off during the day anyways. As I get older, washing my face and sticking to a routine has become very important, especially when I start to notice tiny little wrinkles beginning to creep in next to my eyes. The products I use have changed and continue to evolve as I discover new things but wanted to share what I am currently using and hope it is beneficial to you!skin careskin care 1skin care

Products Mentioned:

Revision Retinol Eye Repair
Cetaphil Moisturizer
Simple (Kroger) Illuminating Moisturizer
Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask
Kiehl’s Superbly Restorative Dry Argan Oil
SkinObsession 15% TCA Peel

Stay up to date when new videos are posted by subscribing to my channel. Simply click the red YouTube button! Thanks!

1. Lydia Vaughn
    September 19, 2016 / 7:24 PM

Hey Missy, I watched your tutorial and I was wondering about the facial peels. What’s the difference between the first few you showed and the last one that you said was a legitimate peel? Also, how often do you do peels and does your face peel for days afterwards? At what age should you start doing these? Most importantly, is their a cheaper one that I can buy? Sorry about all the questions, but I have never heard about a facial peel before. Maybe I’m just ignorant. I have to say though I am a big fan of your site. I’ve looked through all your style and makeup stuff many times, and I recommend you to my friends all the time. Pretty much everything I know about makeup I learned from you. Thanks for all the inspiration!

2. March 24, 2014 / 6:45 PM

Have you not tried Nerium? It is a one step system and my skin looks better than it ever has! capohanka.nerium.com

• melissa
      March 24, 2014 / 8:47 PM

I haven’t, I’ll definitely have to now! Thanks for letting me know!

• Carey Pohanka
        March 25, 2014 / 5:13 AM

If you’d like a sample, let me know and I’ll send you one. :)

3. March 23, 2014 / 12:48 PM

How much time does it take you to get ready for bed with this skin care routine? Doesn’t it get a bit tedious?

• melissa
      March 24, 2014 / 9:22 AM

Hey, Liz (: It can take from 20 to 30 minutes. Yes, it’s extremely tedious but I want to keep my skin looking its best ((:

• March 24, 2014 / 9:25 AM

20-30 is a little long every night but i definitely want to keep my skin beautiful too. i just have to keep the discipline to stick to a routine. i’m always good about it in the beginning but then at night there are times when i just want to skip it.

• melissa
      March 14, 2014 / 10:15 AM

I’m totally with you and that’s why I love the face wipes. It’s less work than soap and water and you still get mostly clean (:

4. March 13, 2014 / 6:22 PM

I’m seriously so bad at skin care routine at night…
    as in…I don’t have one LOL. This literally inspires me to start doing it and to take better care of my face…probs why i’m breakin out :O

• melissa