How to Dye your Eyebrows at Home

Dyeing your eyebrows at home is a great way to save money and is easy to do with the right tools. Eyebrows make such a difference and really help frame your beautiful eyes and the rest of your face. Gently dyeing them saves time in the morning when you normally fill them up. Below is my step by step process for dyeing them at home with easy tips and tricks so click through for the tutorial.

Supplies:
1 / Dye Kit
2 / Vaseline or Bag Balm
3 / Q-tips
4 / Tissues
5 / Cotton Rounds
6 / Scissors
7 / Clean toothbrush

**Tip: Waxing or threading your eyebrows is great to do after dying them. It helps the technician see the hair that needs to be removed and leaves you with a clean, structured shape.

I dye my eyebrows every two months and use the Revlon kit that only costs $2.99. ┬áBe sure and purchase one with the word “Ash” in the title to ensure they turn out a natural shade. Good luck!

Comments

1. Kristal
    March 22, 2017 / 1:42 PM

How can i save the rest of the dye for the next time?

2. Laura
    January 8, 2016 / 6:03 PM

You are just cute as a button!
    Good job – thank you for the tutorial.
    L

3. elsa
    April 10, 2015 / 3:02 AM

Hi, how much dye do I use. I’m sure not the whole box right. Lol

• April 15, 2015 / 5:20 PM

It’s 1/2 tbsp of each, developer and dye.

4. Erica
    March 25, 2015 / 6:34 PM

I bought this exact dye, only one shade lighter than yours, to dye my eyebrows. While reading the instructions I noticed it said never to use on eyebrows or eyelashes. Now, after reading this I’m a bit hesitant to dye my eyebrows. Have you ever experienced anything while doing this process that would cause harm?

• March 27, 2015 / 12:37 PM

Hahaha don’t worry, I dye mine once a month and nothing bad has ever happened (: If you dye them twice in a row then it can cause a bit of a burning sensation because the dye is rough on the skin but just wait a few days between dyes if it doesn’t dye them dark enough the first time (:

5. Deega dualeh
    February 18, 2015 / 8:45 PM

Amazing post. Thanks for the tutorial. Amazing eyebrows and you are so gorgeous. I laughed so hard when they turned black and you asked can you even handle this? Question how did you pick your color? I don’t want to pick the wrong one. Thanks.

• February 21, 2015 / 11:43 AM

Thanks (: I go two shades darker than my natural hair color and always “ash.” Its a neutral shade.

6. February 2, 2014 / 5:02 AM

Thanks for responding to my question! I appreciate the help!

7. February 1, 2014 / 3:09 AM

This came along in my reader feed at just the perfect time! I was so sick of changing the color of my brows with a pencil every morning.

Question, though. When I color my hair, my eyes burn just from the fumes. Do you ever find that it makes your eyes burn to have the dye that close to them?

8. January 29, 2014 / 5:18 PM

Oh my gosh, I was CRACKING up when they turned black! Other than choosing a color that has ‘ash’ in it, how do you decide which shade to go with? How many shades lighter than your natural hair color would you suggest?

9. January 29, 2014 / 2:22 PM

Grata tutorial. Major saving compared to getting them done professionally!