The Truth Behind Juicing

What those pretty juicing posts don’t show you

Seems innocent enough right?
Then BAM!
The good, the bad, and the really scary.
It’s really not so bad and I would’ve still gotten a juicer but I wish someone had warned me about the cleanup because it would’ve saved me from the big surprise I received after my first time juicing.
Though I must say before I sign off that AJ is so wonderful and always helps me take care of the mess. Love him.
Quote of the Day:
AJ: “What?”

Me: “I’m just looking at your outfit.”

AJ: “It doesn’t match does it?”
[imitating me]
AJ: “The sweater draws attention and the shirt draws attention so they conflict

Comments

1. January 5, 2014 / 5:45 AM

My aunt tosses fruit and veggie scraps from juicing into muffins and pasta sauces. Lots of fiber, I guess?

2. Anonymous
    July 19, 2013 / 2:12 AM

Yes, it can be a little messy when you first start juicing. However, the more you do it, the easier and quicker cleanup becomes. Also, rinse immediately and toss into dishwasher when finished so nothing gets to set in.

3. Anonymous
    February 3, 2013 / 9:44 PM

Yep, agree with the others, never juice a banana! Clean up will be much easier without that. After you juice your ingredients, just throw the juice in the blender with the banana. And ditto to putting a bag in the part where the pulp comes out. Saves you a clean up step. :) Happy juicing!

4. January 30, 2013 / 5:37 PM

I just discovered your blog and love it! Thanks for posting!

balancedbodyblog.blogspot.com

5. Anonymous
    January 30, 2013 / 5:13 PM

Ditto the banana. Never juice them. They clog the juicer. Like the lady said throw your juice in the blender with your whole banana. :)

6. Michelle
    January 29, 2013 / 4:19 PM

Did you juice the banana in your juicer? If yes, next time blend the juice youve made in the blender with the banana. You will have a much better result.

7. January 29, 2013 / 4:18 PM

We always but a plastic bag in the component where the pulp/etc goes and clean up goes much faster. We remove and dump into compost.

8. Michelle
    January 29, 2013 / 4:14 PM

Yup, the pulp has to go somewhere! LoL