A Weekend View

Well it snowed as promised. With being sick and the cold weather, we spent a lot of time indoors and to lift the mood I made my delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Of all the cookies in the world, I make these the most. I think they might be my favorite. I’ll post the recipe later though I am still trying to master the most perfect chewy one.

Quote of the Day:
I’m cooking away in the kitchen when AJ walks into the doorway and stops.

AJ: “Hey babe are you brave?”
Me: “What?”
AJ: “Are you brave?”

I stop, look up and walk over in curiosity.

Me: “No I’m not brave and I don’t trust you because last time I said I trusted you, you poured water on me.”
AJ: “No I just want to know if you’re brave.”

That’s when I notice the battery in his hand.

Me: “I’m not going to lick that battery.”
AJ: “Babe, pleeeeease!”

This seriously happened and the entire time I was thinking “I can’t believe this is happening.”

Me: “I’m not stupid, I’m not going to lick that battery.”
AJ: “Come on it doesn’t really hurt.”
Me: “No way, I’m not stupid.”
AJ: “Just once. If you do it, then I will.”
Me: “Ha! Yeah okay, you lick it first then I will but I’m not really going to lick it.”

Then he does!
I started laughing so hard because then he hands it to me and says,

AJ: “Okay, now you lick it.”
Me: “Hahaha, I’m not going to lick it!”
AJ: “Baaaaaaabe!”

It seriously drove him crazy that I wouldn’t lick it. Why would I lick it? Really?

In other news!
Melina from Only a Flight Away is doing a Secret Santa! It is such a great idea and will be so fun for Christmas. Go sign up so you can be a part of it!

Also, I’m guest posting over on Jessie’s blog, Sweet Little Somethings but it’s a repeat post sorry!

Comments

1. November 22, 2011 / 3:15 AM

so so soooooo cute. Ah i just wanna hug him. PS your pictures are fabulous!!

xo
    Classic & Bubbly

2. November 22, 2011 / 1:44 AM

The pictures are the cutest! I love newly fallen snow…before it gets all dirty and sick! I lived in the snow for 16 years prior to living in the desert! I would not have licked it either!

3. November 22, 2011 / 1:05 AM

That is the cutest little pooch I’ve ever seen!!! And those cookies look delicious!

I just stumbled across your blog from the Secret Santa. You got a new follower :)

4. November 21, 2011 / 10:26 PM

LOVE the fantastic pictures from your weekend :) And chocolate chip oatmeal are totally my go to cookie – the recipe is memorized and i just have to adjust the flour for altitude and humidity (or lack thereof here in utah)

your newest follower,
    elisabeth

5. November 21, 2011 / 9:52 PM

Baha! My husband pulls that trick on me all the time! Trying to rope me into doing stupid things. That’s hilarious! I LOVE the pictures of your little dog though! He’s adorable!

6. November 21, 2011 / 8:16 PM

I actually heard once that if you lick the ends of a battery (like a double A or something), then it gives it a little more power. I did this once when my camera batteries died, and it totally worked. Crazy, I know. I don’t know who came up with it, or why I decided it was a good idea!

7. November 21, 2011 / 6:55 PM

you are amazing love!
    really do appreciate it!

xoxo
    Melina

8. November 21, 2011 / 5:19 PM

I’m so glad you didn’t lick it. Hahaha! Such cute pictures!