Cinnamon and Nutmeg Face Scrub

I decided to try out a homemade face scrub that I heard about. It claims to help with acne scars and active acne. It’s really simple and all the ingredients are found in your kitchen.

Ingredients:
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon honey

Combine all ingredients together and lightly scrub all over your face. Leave mixture on for 30 minutes.
If you don’t have honey, milk can be substituted though if your skin is sensitive you should only leave the mixture on for 20 minutes.

These were the directions and I followed them exactly. I made the exact amount and was able to place it all over my face [as shown]. Plus, it created a very nice strong, spicy smell.

Overall, I really enjoyed this concoction. It left my skin silky smooth and I could smell the sweet scent the rest of the night. Before I put on the scrub I could feel that I was getting a new bit of acne on my chin and without putting any other acne treatment on it, the next day my acne had completely surfaced. Not sure if it was because of this scrub but to me it seemed to help.

Cinnamon & Nutmeg Scrub

Comments

1. Amanda
    April 3, 2016 / 9:51 AM

Tried this, and loved it! Definitely be doing this weekly! My face smells lovely, and feels so soft-Thanks so much! ?

2. September 6, 2015 / 9:59 AM

You need to do this at night or wear sunscreen after because the cinnamon if you do have sensitive skin can actually cause irritation. The nutmeg can cause photo sensitivity as it stops the natural melanin/ your skin cells from tanning naturally.

I’ve not had a bad experience with this but I don’t leave it on past like 5-10 minutes and I never did it regularly. I’d suggest combining it with like essential oil of lavender or peppermint and a jojoba oil base or coconut oil base you can save it because jojoba is a preservative as well as honey and the essential oils are anti-fungal and antiseptic.

3. V Marchant
    December 12, 2012 / 6:55 PM

I tried this last night. My face ‘tingled’ a bit for a while. It smells great & my face feels so smooth.!

4. December 11, 2012 / 11:43 PM

Saw a similar skin remedy on Dr. Oz and I was so intrigued. The woman who did it and was featured on his show looked great. And I have all of these things, will definitely be trying this!

5. Anonymous
    January 31, 2012 / 3:43 AM

Absolutely loved it , now part of myfacial regime!

6. November 22, 2011 / 3:17 PM

i definitely wanna try this. i bet it smells like heaven!

7. November 21, 2011 / 2:34 AM

Wow! Awesome tip! It feels amazing and I love the sweet, awesome smell! I’m totally going to do this over and over in the future!

8. November 19, 2011 / 8:27 PM

I’ve always been so afraid to try my own mix for a face scrub…but seeing that you did this one and it didn’t turn your face a weird color or leave a rash…I just might have to try it! :)