My Weekend

What’d you do over the weekend?

I read. I read every day all day. That’s all I did.
I went to the store and read down the aisles, through the crowds, and waiting in line.
I went to the mall and read it between the clothes, along the sidewalks, and at the cash register.
I read while laying in bed, sitting on the couch, and during husbands movie.

Just kidding. But really, I read a lot. I heard the Hunger Games was a good book and let me tell you. That is the understatement of the century. The Twilight nonsense can’t even light a flame to this book. Not sure what that means but I’ve heard it before.

Team Jacob or Team Edward? No, no, no, Team Peeta. This book was thrilling, amusing, charming, suspenseful, engaging, comical, exciting; full of adventure. I laughed, cried, and cheered my way through this book. I couldn’t put it down. I was so anxious to read what was going to happen but not wanting it to end at the same time. I didn’t just read my entire way through the weekend but when I wasn’t reading I was thinking about how much I wanted to keep reading. As soon as I finished it, I screamed in angst wanting to know more! I immediately had to have the second book and even now can’t wait to keep reading. I am such a nerd. That’s what my old roommate would be saying.

Side story:
Once I was talking to said roommate about either an accounting or marketing textbook that I had been reading and I was telling her how much I had enjoyed reading it and then I said to her as that thought came to my head I began thinking “I’m a nerd, I’m a nerd, I’m a nerd.”

Going on then. I bought some gourds. Yes gourds. No I didn’t know that was a word either. But that’s what the receipt said. Gourds. I gorged on gourds this weekend. Bought some, decorated with them, took some pictures of them. Good times.

We also did some family pics. Loving them. They turned out great. Coming from a family of ten it was strange to look at our family pictures and see just two adults. Just two. Plus a dog. That wouldn’t look at the camera. Too preoccupied by the kids playing. *sigh.

Lastly, I finally got a car. I’ve never owned a car that was this expensive and as a result had extreme anxiety every time I drove it. I was so afraid I was going to crash it or wreck it or damage it. It’s subsided a bit and now it’s just a car. Mostly, I love the automatic transmission and the automatic windows and the fact that it tells me the time and the temperature. Ha, just shows how old my other car was.

How was your weekend?

Comments

1. October 25, 2011 / 7:13 AM

That was a lot of great information in about 1 minute! :) Ha ha congrats on all your gourds! Hunger Games is awesome! i have read the first two! Woot! A car!

2. October 25, 2011 / 3:32 AM

Congratulations on the car! That’s so exciting! :] And Hunger Games really is amazing!

3. October 25, 2011 / 2:12 AM

PS. would you be interested in a button swap?! you’re blog is so cute and plus, we have the same name :D hehe

email me! m.ashleyvega@gmail.com

4. October 25, 2011 / 2:11 AM

I NEED to jump on this Hunger Games thing! Seriously. SO many people have told me about it, I just don’t have time to read anymore :(

Congrats on the new car! I don’t know how it’ll be like when I get one (one day…) I’m so used to my windows going down at -5 mph…haha

5. October 25, 2011 / 1:42 AM

team peeta all the way! have you read the books before? they are so good! i reread them this summer. i can’t wait until the movie comes out!

6. October 24, 2011 / 11:16 PM

what a lovely weekend! (PS- totally team Peeta here too)

7. October 24, 2011 / 9:57 PM

Couldn’t agree with you more about The Hunger Games! So so true, loooved that series!

Notes She Wrote

8. October 24, 2011 / 8:13 PM

i finished the hunger games series in a few days while traveling overseas. couldn’t put them down!

love the gourd pics! looks like a good weekend!

9. Sarah Norda
    October 24, 2011 / 8:11 PM

Didn’t i tell you you would like this book? this is my favorite book of all times. i read it twice in 5 days then the rest of the series in a week. You make me want to read it AGAIN!
    TEAM PEETA!!

10. October 24, 2011 / 6:54 PM

congrats for your new ride. it looks beautiful from what i can see. :)
    i love to read too, although i’ve never read this book.
    can we see some of the family pictures that were taken? sounds lovely. :)
    my weekend has been blogged about. you know where to find me. ;)

11. October 24, 2011 / 6:02 PM

sounds like such a full, beautiful weeekend:) enjoy your car and yay for the season of gourds!

12. October 24, 2011 / 5:53 PM

Hahaha! I’m so glad you joined us on the hunger games train. It’s a good one. :) and yay for new cars, family pics, and gorging on gourds!