Half Braid

This is my new favorite braid.

It’s an upside down braid so you tuck each strand under the others as you braid and you only braid in the top and not the bottom. So the hair closest to my forehead isn’t being brought in, only hair from the top is. Does that make sense? It’s like a half french braid. Anyways, I am loving the look because it’s different from the standard and it’s gotten easier and easier each time I’ve done it. Go try it.

After finishing the first Hunger Games I raved about it so much I begged and pleaded with AJ to read it. And he did. In one day. He stayed up all night finishing it. I was so surprised. It’s seriously that good. So if you haven’t read it yet, run your little legs over to the library and grab it. Everybody’s doing it.

Quote of the Day:

Me: “I had a dream last night that I had a baby.”
AJ: “What color was it?”

Comments

1. October 26, 2011 / 3:22 AM

Love this look! I love all these new cool braids that everyone is trying…I just can’t figure out how to do it!

2. October 25, 2011 / 10:41 PM

What color was it?! hahahhaa! So funny! Isn’t the hunger games amazing?! Can’t wait for the movie!! :D Love the braid. I’ve tried that before and couldn’t get it to look right…

3. October 25, 2011 / 9:56 PM

Love the braid! I can’t wait til my bangs have grown out a little bit more so that I can actually do my hair like that! And Hunger Games really is THAT good! So glad your hubby liked it!

4. October 25, 2011 / 9:06 PM

will you come do my hair? :) this is simply gorgous. i tried teaching myself french braiding two saturdays ago. i just did part of my hair in a swoop towards the back and left the rest down. i was so happy with the way it turned out! tried it again a few days later… didn’t go so well. :(
    but i do love to braid my bangs, i only know how to do it in a regular braid.
    that quote is funny too!

5. October 25, 2011 / 6:05 PM

Looks great.
    I love wearing my hair in a braid like that lately. I braid mine a little differnt though. I only add hair to the bottom strand (the strand towards my face) and don’t add hair in to the top strand while braiding along. So it is like a regular french braid on the bottom and a like yours on the top.

6. October 25, 2011 / 5:09 PM

Cute! I’m not very good at these kind of braids, but they always look so fab :)

7. October 25, 2011 / 4:17 PM

I have tried this braid and failed miserably! I love your hair!

8. October 25, 2011 / 4:05 PM

That braid is so sweet. I’m terrible at braiding, but I might have to give this a try! Hope your week is off to a great start! Xo, Katie